"Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life" -Omar Khayyam

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
-Robert Brault

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Oregon Coast...does it get any better than this?

For the long 4th of July weekend we went on our traditional trip to the Oregon Coast. For the third year in a row we have enjoyed the sand, surf and incredible beauty offered by this part of the country. This year we were blessed with even nicer weather than usual and not a minute of the extra sunshine was wasted. The girls played in the sand and the waves every day and Jay took advantage of his new bogieboard. That man has superhuman powers when it comes to enduring cold water. I could barely let the waves touch my feet before they were aching from the cold, and Jay was full body bogieboarding with only a pair of swim trunks on. We saw several surfers wearing full wet suits and they were only in the water half as long as Jay was. It's crazy, I tell you! We had a lot fun seeing Jay's mom and his brother and family and enjoying the holiday.



One of the best things that happened this weekend was taking a romantic sunset walk on the beach with the love of my life. It was astoundingly beautiful, both the scenery and the moments together. I'm still so grateful for those moments we carved out of the evening for that walk. Words will never be able to convey how truly grateful I am that this man is the Daddy of my little girls, and the one I get to spend the rest of my life loving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the fact that we get to spend such wonderful family time all together...it means more to me than you will ever know. It also makes me extremely happy to know that you two shared that special time together and it puts a huge smile on my face knowing you enjoyed yourselves. All My Love, Mom