"Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life" -Omar Khayyam

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
-Robert Brault

Thursday, March 22, 2012

There's a First Time for Everything

Do you recognize the look on my face?

It's a look of pure relief!

Last September, following in my dear husband's footsteps, I ran my first half-marathon. It's an accomplishment I'm still pretty proud of. For my first time, we picked a small race in a small place (The Labor Day Half-Marathon in Elma, Washington) I think there were only about fourteen or fifteen people entered, but it worked out just perfectly for my first go at it. I placed ninth overall, and that's the only time that's ever going to happen, haha! Jay and the girls were there to cheer me on at the finish line. And strangely, despite the relief of finishing and the very tired legs, that's when I decided to keep doing this and began planning for the next one.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: