"Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life" -Omar Khayyam

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
-Robert Brault

Friday, April 30, 2010

Amazing Kate

Buggie is an independent spirit. Fiercely independent. It is what I love the most about her, and it is also the trait that challenges my mothering skills to the utmost. She is intuitive and insightful, and I am continually amazed by how much that little mind of hers is constantly taking in. You can almost hear the gears clicking away in there. Buggie loves books of every kind. I often find her nestled in the corner of the couch with a giant stack of picture books. She is loyal and loving, and I am forever grateful that she gets to be a part of our family. When she was younger, she would bring me "Blank" (her not-so-fuzzy-anymore pink blanket) and would snuggle with me in the rocking chair for as long as I would let her. I miss that stage terribly, but I am in awe with the inquisitive little person she is becoming, and excited about the grown-up person she will one day be. Of course, she is under the same set of strict directives her older sister is: "Take your time getting there." Mom needs these little girl moments to last as long as they possibly can. I love you, my Buggie

No comments: