"Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life" -Omar Khayyam

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
-Robert Brault

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hmmm. . .

Arrgh!...I know exactly what you're thinking, "Not another mom blog!" I know, I know. To quote that old song,"What the world needs now is love, sweet love," not another mom waxing poetic/ranting hysterically about the joy/love/guilt/desperation of motherhood and all it entails.

Or even worse one of those blogs that are all happiness and gumdrops, hearts and roses. You know the ones I'm talking about (-I'm a perfect mother-meet my perfect husband who is also a perfect father-these are our perfect children-in our perfect home-doing perfect things) And then they often have the audacity to act all preachy toward anyone who's doing things differently. It's enough to make any self-respecting "normal" person want to scream, or worse. Where's the fun in perfection? Or more importantly, where's the truth? To be honest it makes me wonder what these people have to hide.

If I do nothing else, I will at least tell it like it is. That's a promise. None if this too-good-to-be-true stuff, because, well, my life isn't like that. And as for all the mom blog stuff, as the old axiom says, write what you know, and at this stage of the game, motherhood is pretty much centerstage for me. Plus if I'm attempting to keep a blog I have to write about something, right?

Disclaimer: No promises have been made regarding the relevancy or importance of this blog and/or the sanity of its author. The author does however, promise to keep it real - none of that sugar-coated and/or preachy stuff. It's live and let live around here.

No comments: